How RS485 lighting control system works
Think of an RS485 smart lighting control system as a smart, responsive computer network that gives light. In general, Yibai’s RS485 control system connected lighting system consists of three main levels or layers: hardware installed in the illuminated space, software accessible via the cloud, and optional services from our company.
The RS485 lighting control system uses both lighting hardware and networking hardware. In illuminated spaces, connected LED luminaires, while sensors of various kinds collect data from the illuminated environment. Behind the scenes, lighting controllers and standard networking devices afford connectivity and integration.
The cloud-based platform serves the full range of software applications for lighting management, monitoring, and control. Collected data is stored in the cloud, along with analysis and visualization tools for turning data into insight.
Supports from Yibai Company
Professional, managed, and lifecycle services from Yibai LED lighting offers such aids as system audit and design, remote system management and maintenance, UV-C disinfection, and light as a service, where you buy the light, not the lighting.
Hardware-Melo series LED Street Light
- Melo Series LED Street light is fully optimized to become your long-term lighting and innovation partner. Thanks to its future-proof system ready architecture, the use of optimized Lumileds LED and optical platform ensuring best in class lighting performance in a broad range of applications. It also offers improved serviceability.
- The installation has also become easier and faster, also the cable feed-through has been redesigned and access to the gear components is easy thanks to top down tool-less access.
- Melo offers all connectivity and dimming options available today and thanks to being system ready, it can also be paired with lighting management systems such as Smart City or existing and upcoming sensor innovations.
- Melo has been developed to optimize and simplify spare part repair and maintenance work using a new plug & play module containing all electrical components in an easy to handle and accessible box inside the housing.
- As a company conscious about the impact of light on the environment and biodiversity, we also equipped the Melo family with dedicated light recipes that help with maintaining the optimal ecosystems for bats or preserve a dark night sky.
- High-performance 32-bit industrial-grade based on ARM9 CPU as the microcontroller.
- Using the high reliable platform for the application as an embedded Linux operating system.
- Attached with a 10/100 m Ethernet interface, RS485 interface, USB interface, etc.
- Support GPRS(2G) communication mode, and Ethernet remote communication methods and can be extended to 4G full network communication.
- Upgrading local/remotely: serial port/USB disk, internet/GPRS.
- Built-in smart meters to realize remote electric energy meter readings, at the same time, support remote electricity meter readings for the external meter.
- The built-in high-performance RS485 communication module, achieves intelligent tunnel lighting control.
- 4DO, 6DI (4 Switch IN+2AC IN).
- Fully sealed enclosure, strong anti-interference ability, withstand high voltage, lightning, and high frequency signal interference.
A communication bridge between the server(2G/4G/Ethernet) and LCU(RS485). Built-in LCD display and smart meter, support 4 digital switches, update by OTA, 96-500VAC, 0.3W, IP54.
Hardware-RS485 Lamp Controller
- RS485 communication.
- Remote switch on/off, maximum internal 8A relay outputs.
- With dimming interface: 0-10V and PWM.
- With 40mm height, suitable for LED manufacturers.
- With current, voltage, power, power factor, and electric energy remote reading functions.
- Lighting time statistics, fault time statistics, energy accumulation remote reading.
- With high-pressure gas discharge lamps, LED lamp failure detection function.
- With high-pressure gas discharge lamp power & compensation capacitor damage detection.
- With fault information inquiry report function.
- Surge protection function.
A lamp controller linked with LED driver, communicate with RTU(RS485). Turn on/off, dimming(0-10V/DALI), data collection. Update by OTA, 176-242VAC, 0.2W, IP67.
Hardware-RS485 signal Controller
Signal control unit, linked between RTU and LCU for strengthen communication signal (RS485). 176-242VAC, 0.2W, IP67.
- RS485 transmission, reliable and efficient.
- Auto manage belonged lamps.
- Waterproof: IP67.
Software-Remote lighting management software
From 100 to 1.000.000 connected streetlights. From, 1.000.000 to an unlimited number of smart streetlight controllers in large urban agglomerations or geographically unconnected metropolises. YIBAI® StreetLight Control software is designed to efficiently manage any street lighting project, depending on your city’s particularities.
With YIBAI® StreetLight Control software, every user can focus on what’s important, rely on automation to get things done, and base any optimization decisions on a wealth of available data. Everything with a sleek, clean, efficient, and mobile-friendly design.